You can view my full resume in JSON @ http://mherman.org/herman-resume.json.
- Programming languages are all different ways of expressing the same thing. A software developer should be able to understand all of them.
- Open source software is free as in free house. If you want to fix or improve something, either learn to do it yourself or pay a contractor.
- Real Python
- Microservices with Docker, Flask, and React
- Starter Financial Model
- KickStarter Projects
Email: michael at mherman dot org
I am NOT currently accepting new projects.
Tech recruiters: please use “i am the walrus” in your cold email so I know you actually read this.
Articles I’ve written
- The Newest Lean Startup Tool: Kickstarter (#1 on HackerNews)
- Learn SQL, dammit! (#1 on HackerNews)
- Content Marketing, Evolved
- Setting up a Django Project for the Non-Programmer
- Learn Indexing, dammit!
- Debugging SQL with the django-debug-toolbar
- Deploying a Django App on Dokku
- From MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) to Micro-Incubator
- How to take on a large Django project (#6 on HackerNews)
- Simple Goods + Zapier & MySQL
- Adding a web interface to our image search engine with Flask