You can view my full resume in JSON @ http://mherman.org/herman-resume.json.
Programming languages are all different ways of expressing the same thing. A software developer should be able to understand all of them.
Open source software is free as in free house. If you want to fix or improve something, either learn to do it yourself or pay a contractor.
- Real Python
- Microservices with Docker, Flask, and React
- Starter Financial Model
- KickStarter Projects
Email: michael at mherman dot org
I am NOT currently accepting new projects.
Tech recruiters: please use “i am the walrus” in your cold email so I know you actually read this.
Articles I’ve written
- The Newest Lean Startup Tool: Kickstarter (#1 on HackerNews)
- Learn SQL, dammit! (#1 on HackerNews)
- Content Marketing, Evolved
- Setting up a Django Project for the Non-Programmer
- Learn Indexing, dammit!
- Debugging SQL with the django-debug-toolbar
- Deploying a Django App on Dokku
- From MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) to Micro-Incubator
- How to take on a large Django project (#6 on HackerNews)
- Simple Goods + Zapier & MySQL
- Adding a web interface to our image search engine with Flask